THE SIX: Cheryl Hickey's Brit pix!
ETC co-host Cheryl Hickey goes for Brit in today's The Six.
GUEST WRITTEN BY CHERYL HICKEY
Cheryl Hickey is the host of Entertainment Tonight Canada. She balances life as a working mom and dedicated wife. Here are her favourite British-inspired spots in Toronto:
1. Scrubs in the City - London: This is the annual SickKids event and the social party of the season. This year's theme is London! Royal or rebel, posh or punk, which side are you on? It's happening June 2 at Evergreen Brick Works. I'll be there!
2. The Oxley Public House: Check out this place for authentic British eats like fish pie and peas, and of course, their crisps. It's a super cozy spot in the heart of Yorkville.
3. The Nutty Chocolatier: If you have a sweet tooth like I do, The Nutty Chocolatier has all kinds of delicious treats, like handmade truffles and specialty licorice. I especially like their British saltwater taffy.
4. Ted Baker: For well-tailored British luxury clothing and an unconventional approach to fashion, try Ted Baker at Yorkdale Shopping Centre. I love the use of pattern, colour, and keen attention to detail.
5. Topshop at The Bay: For everyday style and a wide selection of British designers and celebrity collections, check out Topshop at The Bay. They'll keep you up-to-date with the latest trends and most coveted styles from the U.K.
6. Casa Loma: Toronto's very own castle! A picturesque Gothic Revival style mansion, and where my hubby and I got married!